Does the question is sex safe during pregnancy kick in pretty often in your mind? Have you ever thought about this topic? Well, this is not a very uncommon one yet underrated. However, you would surely be glad to know that it is absolutely safe for a woman to continue enjoying sexual pleasure during her pregnancy unless her doctor has told her otherwise. A pregnant woman’s sex life may increase at certain stages of the pregnancy, and sex can bring some exclusive benefits.
During pregnancy days, as her belly grows bigger daily, she will discover more positions that are comfortable for her. Furthermore, if you talk openly about sex with your partner, it will help both of you to enjoy it more intensely throughout the pregnancy.
Today, we will discuss is sex safe during pregnancy, tips to keep in mind while having sex during this time, and many more. Let’s get started.
The first question we will cover is,
Is Sex Safe During Pregnancy?
Having sex during pregnancy will never harm the baby at any stage during a typical or, you may say, uncomplicated pregnancy. This is because the baby in the woman’s belly is protected by the strong uterus muscles, amniotic fluid, and a mucus plug that develops around the cervix.
Many people believe that sexual orgasms and activity might damage the baby as well as increase the chances of miscarriage or even sometimes induce early labor. However, if you are healthily pregnant, none of these are for you or true.
Will Sex Trigger Labor?
According to the research, sex during pregnancy has no link with an increased risk of preterm labor or premature birth. However, to understand this even better, you need to consult with your doctor to understand the risk, and they might also recommend the right thing. If there is any kind of risk, the doctor himself will ask you not to opt for sex during this time.
Furthermore, it might be possible that sexual penetration or orgasm could induce Braxton Hicks contractions in the late pregnancy days.
Did you know about Braxton Hicks? These are mind contractions that some women experience towards the end of their pregnancy. These contractions never include or indicate labor, so there should be no cause for concern.
Now, coming to the part about how to check pregnancy at home. Do you know the procedure? Nowadays, many pregnancy test kits are available, and you can use any of these to detect your pregnancy status. However, you may also go through a USG test to know whether you are pregnant or not!
When Should You Avoid Sex?
If your doctor advises you to avoid any kind of sexual intercourse during your pregnancy days, you must have any of these circumstances…
- You are pregnant with twins.
- You have problems with the cervix that could increase the chance of miscarriage or go into early labor.
- If you have the tendency of going into premature labor.
- You have placenta previa, where the placenta entirely or partially covers the entrance to the cervix, cervical incompetence, or where the cervix opens prematurely.
- Lack of amniotic fluid.
- You have experienced substantial blood loss or any kind of unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- If your water has broken, it might increase the risk of infection.
Well, a woman must protect herself as well as her baby from sexually transmitted infections and STIs. So, even if you enjoy sex during pregnancy, you must use barrier contraception, such as dental dams, conforms, etc.
Benefits of Sex During Pregnancy
There are several benefits of having sex during pregnancy. Let’s explore some of them.
- Sex helps to stay fit as well as burn calories to keep both partners fit.
- If you have sex, you will enjoy better orgasms. It will eventually increase the blood flow to the genitals could mean an increased number of more powerful orgasms for a pregnant woman.
- Having sex helps to form better bonding between partners. Many couples find that sexual activity during pregnancy helps them to bring closer.
- As we all know, orgasm is known for releasing endorphins that can help the mother and baby feel happy and relaxed. Luffy Gear 5
- Sex is a true booster for your immune system. According to a study, sex helps to increase IgA antibodies and combat colds and other infections.
What Are The Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy?
You will never be comfortable in every sex position during pregnancy, but you will explore the right one yourself. However, during the late stages, you should choose a position that will not put immense pressure on your belly. We can not say the correct position because it’s your call. You must try variations and see what suits you the best without hiring the baby.
So, we hope we have guided you well about having sex when you are pregnant! Stay with us for more updates.