iVisa.com’s new program to get an INDIAN VISA FOR ITALIAN CITIZENS is more convenient than ever. Before having this programe, you were required to take a trip to the Indian embassy, but today, it is doable at the comfort of your home for as long as you have a computer or a smartphone that is connected to the internet. There currently are more than 150 nationalities that can apply for such a document and you just need to make sure that you are qualified.
In this article we will explain you what are all the requirements and also the valuable information to consider before applying.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I HAVE AN ITALIAN PASSPORT, DO I NEED A VISA TO VISIT INDIA?
Yes, all Italian visitors are required to apply for an India Tourist e-Visa. You can check requirements here. This basically means that you don't need to go to an Embassy, you just have to complete this process on the Internet.
WHICH VISA TYPES ARE THERE FOR ITALIAN PASSPORT HOLDERS?
There are these types of visas:
- Tourist e-Visa.
- Business e-Visa.
- Medical e-Visa.
PLEASE NOTE that the information on this blog is about the India Tourist eVisa for Italians. Data can change depending on your nationality and the INDIAN VISA FOR BELGIAN CITIZENS type you need. You can check information and requirements for the Business and Medical eVisa here.
WHAT IS A TOURIST E-VISA?
The India Tourist e-Visa is an official document permitting entry into and travel within India and is electronically linked to your passport.
HOW LONG IS THE INDIAN TOURIST EVISA FOR?
This Tourist e-Visa has a validity of 1 year after issued. It grants Multiple Entry for a maximum stay of 90 days in Total per entry.
There are also two other types of tourist evisa that you can check here.
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY?
There are only a number of documents that Italian need to provide. In fact, iVisa will do most of the work and you only need a few things to help them get started. Below is the list:
- Passport – the general requirement is that your passport needs to be valid at least for six months from your intended date of arrival.
- A digital photo of you – it is recommended that the photo is recently taken. Just make sure that it meets the photo requirements.
- A passport scan – we only need the information page of your passport. Here you will find instructions on how to make the best passport scan for your application.
- Means of payment – iVisa.com accepts multiple methods of payment such as **credit and debit cards.
WHAT ARE THE PROCESSING TIMES AND PRICES?
iVisa.com provides amazing service for an affordable price, so Italian no longer need to worry about the service cost. The amount of your visa will depend on two factors: processing time and visa cost.
There are three available options for the processing time:
- Standard processing – 5 days. Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard. It only costs USD $89.99 (service fees included).
- Rush processing – 3 days. The cost goes a bit higher than with the previous option. You will be charged USD $140.99 (service fees included).
- Super Rush processing time – 36 hours. As you can expect, the price goes even higher. This option will cost you USD $184.99 (service fees included).
Click here to start your application.
HOW DOES THE INDIA TOURIST E-VISA WORK?
In November 2014, the Indian Government introduced an online tourist Visa (eVisa) for 43 countries. This was done to promote travel to India without necessitating a trip to the embassy or waiting in long lines at border control. The following year, India rolled out its eVisa program for other major world countries. In April 2017, India retooled its eVisa program, introducing visa subcategories for tourists, business travelers, and medical visits.
Currently, travelers from more than 160 countries can apply for a Tourist eVisa, Business eVisa or Medical eVisa, depending on the purpose of their visit to India. Travelers who use the eVisa program apply, pay a fee online and receive their electronic visa online before traveling to India. Yes, it's that simple.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO APPLY FOR AN INDIAN TOURIST EVISA?
Filling in the application form with your data will take you less than 10 minutes. That's all you need to do, and we handle the rest. Shortly, you will know about the status of your eVisa by email.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR AN INDIAN TOURIST EVISA?
We always worry about how the forms can be complicated. iVisa has created one of the easiest forms that Italian will ever fill in. In addition, there is a customer service standing by 24/7 in case you need assistance.
- First, you just enter your general information and choose both the processing time and visa type. It should take you about 5 minutes for all that.
- The next step consists of revision and payment. Make sure that all the information you provide is 100 % accurate. Spelling should be check carefully.
- Lastly, the third step will ask you to answer a few personal questions and upload any additional documents you are required.
Click here to start. After you are done, just submit your form and wait for your visa to arrive in your inbox.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I HAVE APPLIED?
After you submit your application, you just need to wait for your India Tourist eVisa to be sent by email in the timeframe you chose. No need to deal with the embassy. We do it for you so you don't lose valuable time. Next, just present a printed version of your Tourist eVisa along with your passport when you enter India.
DO I NEED TO GET AN INDIA TOURIST EVISA FOR MY KIDS TOO?
Yes. All foreign citizens wishing to travel to India require a visa, even minors.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS?
You can perfectly apply for them, just making sure you have all the required documents (you can see above in this article). You can apply here entering his or her data. In case you need to apply for more than one person, you can do so by clicking on ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form and completing the data required.
WHAT CAN I DO IF I MAKE A MISTAKE IN MY APPLICATION?
If you made a mistake in your application, just contact one of our customer service representatives immediately. We will be ready to help you 24/7.
Your India Tourist eVisa is linked to your passport number. If we already submitted your application, you will NOT be able to make any changes and you will have to apply again but we will NOT charge you another service fee.