If you opt for a car wash at home, you must choose your car washing towel correctly. The right choice of cloth determines your cleanliness level and the longevity of your car paint. There is a great difference between microfiber and cotton towel for car. Let us delve into more details to determine which is best and why.
Most car owners prefer microfiber towels for car detailing instead of regular cotton cloth. Several factors influence their decision. But the most important factor is that using microfiber towels keeps your car paint safe. You can choose a microfiber cloth from a variety of sizes and colours at CarOrbis, your one-stop destination for the best car accessories online.
Besides keeping your car’s interior and exterior safe, microfiber towels are cost-effective. They last longer than ordinary cotton towels and are affordable for their quality. In addition, with microfiber cloths, you can ensure that you have purchased good fabric quality and don’t need to switch frequently between numerous car wash towels.
Difference between Microfiber and Cotton Towels:
While both towels are used for cleaning a vehicle, there are some performance and quality difference that creates a great difference. Although the choice of product is entirely upon the owner of the car, here are some general comparisons and recommendations. This will help you to decide which one you should go for.
Cotton Towels for Car:
Cotton is undoubtedly a good material for cleaning purposes. It is a breathable material that would not allow any scratch on the surface of your vehicle due to its softness. Moreover, it is exceptionally cost-effective.
But using cotton towels for car detailing has some disadvantages. They are listed below:
- Cotton towels tend to push dirt and dust particles on the surface of your car rather than keeping them inside the cloth. Thus they will not ensure deep cleaning of your car.
- Original cotton materials tend to grow bacteria and emit a bad odor. This will make your cleaning process difficult and time-consuming.
- Cotton materials will run the risk of leaving scratches on your car’s surface.
- Cotton clothes take more time to dry and keep fluff as their residue.
Microfiber Towels for Car:
Microfiber towels are made from synthetic materials such as nylon, polyester, or polyamide blend. They are more effective in cleaning a car surface and are preferred by most car owners who opt for a car wash at home. Without a microfiber towel, the entire car cleaning process would be incomplete.
Some of the advantages that these materials offer are given below:
- Due to their highly absorbent nature, they possess the potential to absorb water and dry clean a surface.
- Due to their synthetic build up, they produce a static charge every time the cloth fibers come together during wiping. This proves beneficial in trapping all the dirt and dust inside the cloth, keeping the car surface clean and hygienic.
- Keeps the vehicle paint impact without allowing any scratch to fall on the glossy surface of the car.
- Microfiber towels last longer than cotton towels and are cost-effective in the long run.
Therefore the only con microfiber clothes offer regarding their high pricing becomes balanced as you don’t need to replace them frequently. But the only remaining con is that microfiber cloths require special cleaning. You can’t hold them under the running water and let them dry.
Which One to Choose Between Microfiber and Cotton Towel for Car?
By now, you already know which one to choose for your car detailing. Yes, it’s microfiber towels. You can use them under any condition, whether wet or dry. Furthermore, if you can maintain them well, you don’t need to replace these towels frequently.
From keeping the exterior shine of your car intact to the dust-free interiors, they provide the best performance for thorough car detailing.
Some Pro Tips To Use Microfiber Towels In An Efficient Way:
- Don’t use the same microfiber towel for all parts of your car. Keep separate ones for the interior and exterior.
- Wash them separately. Please do not mix them with clothes of any other material.
- Avoid fabric softener, bleach, or powdered laundry detergent as it would cause loss of the static charge of the towel.
- Never consider drying the towel in extreme heat. Use a dryer instead during emergencies.
- Never iron the microfiber towel.
- Keeping the towel in a covered area would increase their longevity and ensure effective cleaning as they are more prone to catching dust quickly.
Applying all these tips for properly maintaining your microfiber cloth will never make you regret its purchase. However, you can buy both microfiber and cotton towels for car according to your taste, preference, and usability at CarOrbis. The company offers numerous product brands, sizes, and colours. Secure additional benefits on every purchase with CarOrbis, like free shipping, easy return policies, and doorstep delivery.